There are Plenty of Old Montreal Takeout & Delivery options
We often don’t have time to cook – running an active online magazine, never mind our ‘day job’, and since our headquarters are in the Vieux Port, we are quite well acquainted with its takeout and delivery options.
One of the directors of Best Kept MTL manages to cook almost 3 times a day, but he’s a type-A personality machine with magical grocery and kitchen organizing skills (plus he went to chef school so he doesn’t count) … the rest of our creatives dabble with basic recipes.
We cook when we have time, or when we have guests, or just when we actually HAVE FOOD in the frigo lol. One of our writers lives on take-out and green tea, he is the most grocery-challenged and CAN’T EVEN! To add to that, we are all busy hustling, trying to survive so there isn’t the same time or motivation to cook for ourselves and others. Whether you live/work/hang in the hood, you know 3-meals-a-day is like NO-WAY.
Old Montreal has an abundance of Curbside Takeout & Delivery options. Around every historical grey and brownstone is a slew of restaurants and bars which were once crowded (31+ notable Montreal restaurants have sadly permanently closed, despite rental support and the CRB)…
Options like Uber Eats & Door Dash are so conveniently seductive, but please use them sparingly as they really slash into the profits, up to 30%! Instead, take a good walk in the fresh air and soak up some vitamin D (you still get it on grey days!), and follow some of our Old Montreal Curbside Takeout & Delivery tips:
BUT FIRST, COFFEE with best suggested times:
- Balance a tinylicious coffee corridor where Cappuccinos and Disco THRIVE. (Weekday)
- Olympico is kind of the iconic MTL Italian go-to. So go to it, (Weekends)
- Le Petit Dep is like a magical retro dollhouse full of troves and treats (Anytime)
- L’Amour Du Pain is full of fancy carbs. Sick cranberry pumpkin seed bread (Anytime)
- Christian Faure is the best croissant you can get in the Old Port, your welcome (Anytime)
- CARTET Has a lot of French food, where do I begin! Un Brunch des Cantons to-go (Weekends)
OLD MONTREAL TAKEOUT HAS A BUNCH OF LUNCH
- TITANIC Has now added amazing tacos to their soup & panini menu yai!! (On winter break for now)
- Cookie Stephanie & Chez Gluten-free desserts & dishes to-go (Weekday)
- Slice & Soda has paper-thin, Jersey-sized pizza & Italian soda – right on (Anytime)
- MANDY’S has salads, healthy chips – yes, healthy chips EXIST! (Weekday)
- CoucheTard has these healthy snacks now, for like 3 bucks (Anytime)
- Marché de la Commune snacks at Suzie’s banana bread with your mini-market produce. (Anytime)
- Uniburger THE burger joint, how to make a smaller/healthier/yummier “Big Mac”
- L’Orignal has an evolving take-out menu of comfort-faves like mac n cheese
- Sesame is a nice sushi, soup, Asian fusion solid
NEW: Salumi Vino, an Italian Wine Resto has transformed into a mini Italian market with Old Montreal take out like affordable pastas-to-go and Xmas desserts. They will also have a Xmas menu to support locals on the 24th, 25th, 26th. They are awesome and we should support them. They also launched a Love Our Nurses GoFundMe to support delicious meals to overworked nurses, donate if you can!
Now that you have the 411 on our fave Old Montreal takeout, get your virtual Foodie groove on with Taste Of The Caribbean – mini webisode capsules!
From wild wanderers to secret seekers, the Best Kept Montreal Staff is an electric team of contributors dedicated to capturing the pulse of the city