I love Christmas and Christmas markets in Montreal are mosdef part of why! I view Xmas as a sparkly and festive pause in winter, to relax and get together with loved ones. No matter your religion or lack thereof Christmas has become more of a general holiday festivity. When people reffer to “Christmas time” or “The “Holidays” they are referring to a general and time frame between mid December & January where workplaces are generally on pause and everyone is invited to enjoy this break in their own way.
The world has become a darker place since the pandemic… and you are alloud to gift yourself some light in that darkenss this month. Put away the devices and connect with people. Try a festive recipe. Do some charity. And checkout these 5 Christmas markets in Montreal:
- Holiday Market at the Time Out Market Montréal x Collectif Créatif MTLDive into the heart of downtown at the Time Out Market, where the Collectif Créatif Montréal showcases a spectacular array of local designers. Our friend 7DeadlySoaps will be there too! With an assortment of dining options, bars, and spaces for artistic performances, this market will keep you engaged! It’s the perfect spot to support local and indulge in some of the city’s best culinary delights. One of our favorite is Paul Toussaint’s Carribean take-out! Dates: Dec 7th – 10th // Dec 14th – 17th, 2023
- The Great Montréal Christmas Market This is where Place des Festivals is transformed into a magical Christmas village, complete with local and regional artisans in quaint chalets. This market is a dream for those who love a well decorated atmosphere, offering over 80 Québec artisans and a plethora of free activities. It’s a place where holiday treats and unique crafts come together. A good staple in my short but well curated best Christmas markets in Montreal list. It’s also super accessible. Dates: November 25 to December 30, 2023
- Montréal Christmas Village This is probaly the most “boutique” experience of the Christmas markets in Montreal. The already picturesque setting of the Atwater Market becomes even more enchanting during the Christmas season. The Montréal Christmas Village is a festive fairy tale come to life, with about fifty booths showcasing the best of local artisans and farmer’s market produce. The Kingdom of the Elves and a lineup of free events make this village a must-visit for a magical holiday experience. Dates: November 30 to December 24, 2023
- Marché des Fêtes du Collectif Créatif de Montréal Over two weekends, the Marché des Fêtes brings together over 90 creators from Montréal and Québec. This market is a haven for those who appreciate the beauty of locally made products. It’s a place where you can find gifts crafted with love and care, perfect for those special people in your life. Dates: November 25-26, 2023 // December 2-3, 2023
- Verdun Holiday Market Verdun’s holiday market is a vibrant celebration of local talent, featuring over 85 artisans. From handcrafted jewelry and artistic prints to homemade candles and specialty food, this market is a treasure trove of unique finds. It’s the ideal spot for those who cherish the joy of discovering one-of-a-kind gifts while supporting local businesses. December 17th & 18th off of De l’Église station on the green line.
Christmas markets in Montreal are more than just shopping destinations; they are the heart and soul of our city’s festive spirit.
Having trouble with the cheer part of Christmas cheer? Head over to tips on how to beat the winter blues.
Creative Director, content manager. Currently curating: everything charming.