If you take dark vocals contrasted with light, sexy dance beats, and mix it up with wistful, pretty lyrics, you have Zola Jesus, aka Nika Roza Danilova.
If you can’t wrap your mind around that, don’t try. Leave it to the city of Montreal to embrace the off-kilter, the strange, the beautiful and the unexpected. Of course Zola Jesus is coming here, in a blaze of glory and music.
Teaming up with Blue Skies Turn Black (because that’s just the right thing to do) and having Brooklyn’s Angel Deradoorian as an opener means that if you’re a fan of those seraphimic, ethereal jams, you’d better get your ass down to the PHI centre this Friday night.
- Brunch Bad Boys of L’Avenue set up shop in Boucherville
- A Look Back on Detroit’s Dazzling Movement Festival
- Did you know Montreal has a Clown Festival? NOT your average clowns
- YUL EAT Festival | Montreal’s Biggest Foodie Event Turns Five
- Pizza Fest Montreal 2018 | Celebrate Pizza and the People Who Do It