Week 7’s recurring theme was injury, with hamstring playing the leading role. As teams lean on their running games we saw many carries coming from second and third-string running backs. Eddie Lacy and Ben Tate (bye) are hot subs, but you may have to stretch for Week 8:
Add: Chris Ivory, RB, NYJ. Undrafted in about 40% of leagues, this Gruden Grinder amassed a workmanlike 34 carries in the Jets win against New England and seems a lock to supplant Powell as lead back in the Jets run-heavy offense. Downside? Week 10 bye.
Add: Zac Stacy, RB, StL. Averaging 10.5 fantasy points per game since taking the starting role over from Daryl Richardson, his touches will only increase with Sunday’s injury to Ram QB Bradford. Downside? Rams play Seattle next week.
Other notables: Keenan Allen, WR, San Diego; Jordan Reed, TE, Washington; Carolina Team Defense. TIL: last night’s game between the Vikings (1-4) and the Giants (0-6) was the most pitiful Monday Night Football game ever played, in terms of the two teams’ records.
“If you see a defense team with dirt and mud on their backs, they’ve had a bad day.” (John Madden)
Bandmark’s GIF of the Week:
- Le Petit Montréal | Summer Pop-Up Space in Phillips Square
- AIM Festival 2019 | Stop imagining & go experience its 5th edition!
- MYSTIC MOTHER | Fn Vegas Solo Exhibition at Galerie le 1040
- SHAKER Kitchen & Mixology is Stirring Things Up on the Main
- Michael Madsen shares 🔥 story on latest Tarantino film | MTL ComicCon 2019