Singer Julie Budet (known now as Yelle) and producer GrandMarnier began making music together back in 2005 under the name “YEL” which stood for “You Enjoy Life”. The name was soon feminized to YELLE because a Belgian band already went by that name. That same year, they got lots of buzz on MySpace after they posted a song called ‘Short Dick Cuizi’ (which later became ‘Je Veux Te Voir’). The following year, YELLE began recording their debut album titled ‘Pop Up’ and brought producer Tepr into the mix. The French only album was released in 2007 and gained attention throughout the world.
Smack in the middle of YELLE’s North American tour with French Horn Rebellion is a stop in Montreal. Bandmark is giving away a pair of tickets to the show at Le National on Tuesday, May 3rd. Interested in going? Like BandMark’s Facebook page here and write on our wall “I want to see YELLE at Le National!” Good luck!
- Le Shack du Pêcheur | Florida Keys come to Montreal’s South Shore
- MTL Uncovered’s Night Exposition Returns to Théâtre Paradoxe
- The Blaze: an intriguing duo who killed it during a vibrant show in Montreal last week
- M for Montreal | Top 5… here’s what we think
- ‘Quoi de N’Oeuf’ by Day, ‘Quoi de B’Oeuf’ by Night