- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick softened, unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
Prep in 5 steps!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make cakes: Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda and salt together into a bowl. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer at high speed until fluffy (approx 5 minutes). Add egg and beat at medium speed until fully incorporated. Change mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients, alternating with milk. Mix until properly blended.
- Drop batter 1/2 Tbsp. at a time and about 2 inches apart onto each sheet to make 18 cakes per baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, until mini cakes are springy to touch. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to racks to cool completely. Change parchment paper and repeat to make 72 cakes.
- Match cakes in pairs so tops and bottoms are similar in shape. Spread bottoms with cream filling and cover with top.
- For cream filling, combine 1 stick of unsalted butter and 1 2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar in a bowl and beat at low speed until blended. Then beat at high speed until mixture is fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and 2 cups marshmallow cream; mix at low speed until blended well (makes 2 1/3 cups).
#band eats #Bandmark blog #easy desserts #easy recipes #easy recipes for busy bands #recipes #trendy desserts
There's no biz like show biz for Alistar. Always on the look out for society's movers & shakers, discovering their latest ventures. Signature move: delivering short & concise content for your reading pleasure.
- Eve Salvail | Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Hoodies by Pascal Labelle
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop