I pulled my back bending down abruptly trying to leash my dog this weekend with my right arm, while grabbing keys and gloves with my left. Thankfully this minor inury resulted in me being able to listen to more inbox gems. This band is everything I like all rolled into one handful of emerging obscure black and sparkly confetti. Take the low haunting & regretful angelic vocals of Lana Del Rey, travel them back to a 90s Goth universe of safety pins and black skinny jeans, then borrow THE SMITH’S synthesizer and you have The Ropes.
I’m not sure if their “location” on Facebook is true but it’s awesome anyways: Haley Research center, Antarctica it’s kind of believable because their music is so lonely and minimal. Really cool band worth discovering on a Sunday afternoon.
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows