For those who like Bombay Bicycle club, Arctic Monkeys, 2 door cinema club, Bloc Party& Kasabian – REBURN is a great discovery for you. I must say their “sounds like” list is bang on. Big power chords and chorus with that uplifting melancholy found in softer male vocals. As a huge fan of Bombay Bicycle club, I can attest that REBURN is sort of like a less electric yet similar band. BBC is also poppier while REBURN remains perhaps slightly more underground sounding.
Although this band is definitely in the emerging artists category, I must say their production value is to be noted. One often leaves the producers behind in reviews. Partly because the publicly available information is typically not as easy to find and also because we know as writers that the bands tend to want most of the attention. A well produced track though can sometimes account for most of the reason you like a particular song. For example the song: “No Other Place” got me looking further.. it was produced by London based Writer and Producer John Fortis, who has worked with award winning artists Razorlight, The Prodigy and Paolo Nutini to name just a few. Engineering was done at Heritage Sound in Cape Town by Brendyn “Rusti” Rossouw and mixed by SA heavyweight Neal Snyman. Here’s a fun fact, the video for “No Other Place” was filmed in South Africa at the Ntida wine estate!
So why is this band perfect for your hipster playlist? Let’s go through the top 3 reasons!
- One of the members has a trendy long and fairly coiffed BEARD.
- They wear fancy little suits in that not fancy musician way.
- The logo is a totally vintage looking Griffon (Pretty awesome logo actually..)
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows