French-Style Rooftop Fireworks Party on the Pointe-à-Callière Museum
To celebrate and explore the delectable subject of French culinary arts, the Pointe-à-Callière Museum in the Old Port of Montreal is presenting the exhibition Dinner is Served! The Story of French Cuisine from June 6 to October 13, 2019.
On Wednesday, July 10, thanks to an exclusive event organized by the Museum’s Next Generation of Philanthropists, we were able to take a journey across centuries as we explored the particularities of the French meal — from its ingredients to the know-how of its artisans, its specialties, its traditions, and its current trends.
We were introduced to the political figures, artists, and great chefs who have shaped or even revolutionized the country’s cuisine…
…as we admired close to a thousand exceptional objects relating to the culinary arts.
Foodies, seasoned and amateur cooks, and fans of fine cuisine could satisfy their curiosity and gain a better understanding of how important French gastronomic heritage is to our cuisine here at home and around the world.
Dinner is Served! truly is an exhibition to be savored slowly, as you contemplate and appreciate all of the richness of France’s culinary culture.
But if that wasn’t enough the Next-Gen Philanthropists invited us upstairs to partake in Pleins feux sur le Vieux!
A delightful French-style soirée at the Montréal 360o Space, a spectacular glass-walled room on the rooftop of the Pointe-à-Callière Museum!
In a party ambiance, guests enjoyed cocktails around a French food station, surrounded by the provocative photography of visual artist Gab Bois.
Above all, this great evening ended on the balcony gazing at portuguese fireworks from the Festival de l’International des Feux.
Museum Philanthropy: The Next Generation
So who are the Next Generation of Philanthropists? A group of young people from various backgrounds who come together to network and share their love of Montreal, its past, its present, and its future in a relaxed atmosphere. They endeavour to make a tangible contribution to development and community outreach at one of Montreal’s leading cultural institutions.
Why join them?
- Meet enthusiastic people who share your interests.
- Expand your circle of friends and acquaintances.
- Attend exclusive cocktail parties and discover the city’s secrets.
- Get all the benefits enjoyed by Members of Pointe-à-Callière.
- Get to know more about the world of philanthropy.
- Actively support the Pointe-à-Callière Foundation and promote Montreal and its history.
That way you won’t miss their next exclusive event on December 5, 2019. It’s an Inca-themed Speakeasy in the D’Youville Pumping Station!
So here is what you need to know about the Pointe-à-Callière Next-Gen Philanthropists:
18-30 years old: $50 for 1 year, $80 for 2 years
31-45 years old: $100 for 1 year and $160 for 2 years
Photo credit: Dan Peres
- Le Boulevardier Resto & Flâneur Bar Lounge Open at Le Germain Hotel
- M for Montreal | Our Do Not Miss LIST!
- Pascale Bourbeau | Underwater Flower Photography Series at Galerie 203
- BAZARETTE | New Wine Bar and Neighborhood Café near Bell Centre
- Le Blossom | The Village’s Most Beautiful Japanese Restaurant Turns 2