Easily one of the biggest and best music events in Canada, Montreal’s Osheaga Festival kicks off its 2012 edition tonight! To say it’s a big deal is underselling it a bit. The first Osheaga (in 2006) brought out a crowd of over 25,000, and each year the festival has grown. Osheaga 2011 attracted over 80,000 people to its three-day run and 2012 is expected to be even bigger!
Clearly, there have to be some big draws to catch such crowds. Perhaps you’ve heard of Friday’s headliner, UK indie phenomenons Florence + the Machine. And if you haven’t, how are you getting Internet access from under that rock?
- MTL Uncovered’s Night Exposition Returns to Théâtre Paradoxe
- The Blaze: an intriguing duo who killed it during a vibrant show in Montreal last week
- M for Montreal | Top 5… here’s what we think
- ‘Quoi de N’Oeuf’ by Day, ‘Quoi de B’Oeuf’ by Night
- COBRAYAMA x FAWNA | Leaving you breathless w/ LUNGS, Chill Hop video