Montreal in many ways is the Music industry Hollywood of Canada.
Despite Toronto’s bigger economic growth and even the fact that Toronto is a more Anglophone city, it has not birthed musicians into the industry quite at the same pace as Montreal has. Besides cheap rent which is an obvious enabler for a local artist, Montreal has the kind of energy that inspires art. From the old European architecture and romantic French influence right down to the dirty broken lane ways & rusted fire escapes, Montreal has always had that dark tortured artist environment contrasted with a unique joie de vivre that has created stories and stories create lyrics…
Northern trash is a short film about one of those stories…
…that illustrate the local underground music scene, quite accurately. It is a film about Montreal garage scene underdogs LBA. Join frontman Allister Quinn and his 3 oddball band mates as they recount over a decade of debauchery in the gutter of Canada’s sleeziest city …
Brian Barnhart is a self-taught filmmaker from southern Manitoba.
His new film Windsor At Large: a film about Dealer, follows Montreal thrash Titans Dealer on their way to play a hometown show in the rowdy town of Windsor Ontario, after a 6 month hiatus.
- The Eat-With-Your-Hands Kamayan Feast at Junior Filipino Restaurant
- Restaurant Agrikol | The Hidden Pearl of Montréal en Lumière
- EMF Radiation: Protect Yourself in a 5G Future
- Montréal en Lumière | Culinary spectacle at Rosélys
- A Taste of Winter Flavors at the SAT’s Labo culinaire Foodlab for Montréal en Lumière