Jeff Mills has been at the forefront of techno music and the broader electronic scene for over three decades. He’s done time as a television DJ, founding member of notorious music and activist collective Underground Resistance, and Berlin-based creator of Axis Records — all the while remaining a prolific producer and pioneering artist of techno with dozens of albums to his credit.Like his contemporary and fellow minimal techno pioneer Green Velvet (with whom he’s played many a time), Mills produces a distinctly chilly and cerebral brand of techno. But he’s equally known for fusing his classic 909 sounds with layered and gleaming synths of no fixed origin and occasional stretches of lush ambient, giving a cosmic scope to his music that’s a breath of fresh air in a typically claustrophobic genre.
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows