Made With Love | Art & science of a perfect cocktail
It’s the most wonderful time when one gets to sample the most artsy, edgy cocktails from the best bar-chefs de Montréal. Is it an art, a science… both! Mixology is about combining flavours to heighten your taste buds delight, from a balance ranging from foods, alcohols, aromas, herbs, bitters, spices, you name it. Who would have thought a Copa Verde could reveal how much more to life there is in a cocktail (major ingredients include tequila, lime juice, water, agave syrup, and avocado). Oh and let’s not forget the importance of presentation. That’ll score you points big time.
For newbies into culinary art add the Made With Love cocktail experience to your bucket list and make it happen . They bring passion, excellence, extravagance, and community to the experience. This year it’s headed back to the Société des arts technologiques [SAT] where 20 of the city’s most talented Bar chefs will present a unique and original cocktail & food-pairing creation in view of being crowned Montreal’s BEST Barchef for 2017!
JUDGES’ CHOICE WINNER:
Creations will be judged on their originality, creativity, and taste. Judges will look for passion, expert knowledge, distinct ingredients and the way competitors incorporate these elements in their cocktail creation. The Barchef who will be attributed the most points will go on to the National Finals in May 2018 and will have a chance to win one of 10 trips to one of the MADE WITH LOVE affiliated distilleries.
1. Emerson Pereira – Big in Japan-BAR
2. Guillaume Fortier – El Gordo
3. Vincent Benoit-Bonin – Bar le Jockey
4. Mathild Ramirez – École du Bar de Montréal
5. Isaac Bedard – Independant
6. Antoine Vendette – Barraca Rhumerie Montréal
7. Gia Bach Nguyen – Le Red Tiger
8. Maximilien Jean – Le Royal
9. Jey Laflamme – La Distillerie No.1
10. Asilex Rodriguez – Bar le LAB
11. Julie Belanger-Cateysson – Ludger
12. Dan Brown – La Porte Rouge
13. Alain Henley – Le Pourvoyeur
14. Antoine Arseneault-Boucher – L’Assommoir Resto-Bar
15. Maxime Bouchard – Pamika Brasserie Thai
16. Sean Sargent – Kampai Garden
17. Jonathan Massé – Madame Bovary
18. Samuel Beaulieu – de Grumman78
19. Brandon Beerwort – Big in Japan
20. Laurent Lefebvre – Grenade – Brasserie Orientale
PUBLIC’S CHOICE WINNER:
Every guest will receive a «dogtag» necklace. After having tasted the competitors’ cocktails, the guests will have to give their «dogtag» to their favorite Barchef. The Barchef who will have collected the most necklaces will also be eligible to the National Finals in May 2018 and will have a chance to win one of 10 trips to one of the MADE WITH LOVE’s affiliated distilleries.
When? This coming Monday, December 11th, 2017, starting at 6:00 pm
General Admission: 65$ + tax. Click here to purchase!
At the Door: 75$
A BIG THANK YOU TO ITS SPONSORS:
1800 TEQUILA | www.1800tequila.com
ALAMBIKA | www.alambika.ca
CAMPARI | www.campari.com
CIRKA | www.cirka.ca
ECOLE DE BAR DE MONTRÉAL | www.ecoledubardemontreal.ca
EDUC’ALCOOL | www.educalcool.qc.ca
FLOR DE CANA | www.flordecana.com
GRAND MARNIER | www.fr.grand-marnier.com
INVASION COCKTAIL | www.invasioncocktail.com
MAISON SIVO | www.maisonsivo.ca
RED BULL | www.redbull.com
TIA MARIA | www.tiamaria.com
TON BARBIER | www.tonbarbier.com
UNGAVA | www.ungava-gin.com
WOODFORD RESERVE BOURBON | www.woodfordreserve.com
Once you learn about these fancy drinks, it’s time to experience some fine cuisine at Restomainia— It happens every year!
- Le Petit Montréal | Summer Pop-Up Space in Phillips Square
- AIM Festival 2019 | Stop imagining & go experience its 5th edition!
- MYSTIC MOTHER | Fn Vegas Solo Exhibition at Galerie le 1040
- SHAKER Kitchen & Mixology is Stirring Things Up on the Main
- Michael Madsen shares 🔥 story on latest Tarantino film | MTL ComicCon 2019