I have been making energy balls for a little bit now and consider myself fit to instruct others in the art of simple, raw and health balls which can be used as a snack or pick me up. They are killer for a sweet craving and surprisingly filling. I use Shakeology coco protein powder and I do recommend using some sort of protein powder or they will not kick your hunger for long..
- 12 pitted dates (soaked in water for half n hour then strained)
- Protein power, shake powder or energy powder but some kind of yummy powder you’d make a sports smoothie out of!
- 1 cup of crushed nuts (Macadamian is my fave or pecan as they give a rich buttery flavor)
- Optionals (coconut flakes and flax seed powder – blended or ground up to coat them)
You take the now soft wet dates and place them in a pro mixer or a bowl and do it by hand. You add the powder and nuts and mix it all up until it becomes a play-dough like consistency. Then you make little balls with your hands which are about 1 tbsp.5 big (makes about 12) When done, roll them about in roasted coconut flakes, or dark raw cocoa powder!
- Le Shack du Pêcheur | Florida Keys come to Montreal’s South Shore
- MTL Uncovered’s Night Exposition Returns to Théâtre Paradoxe
- The Blaze: an intriguing duo who killed it during a vibrant show in Montreal last week
- M for Montreal | Top 5… here’s what we think
- ‘Quoi de N’Oeuf’ by Day, ‘Quoi de B’Oeuf’ by Night