I have been making energy balls for a little bit now and consider myself fit to instruct others in the art of simple, raw and health balls which can be used as a snack or pick me up. They are killer for a sweet craving and surprisingly filling. I use Shakeology coco protein powder and I do recommend using some sort of protein powder or they will not kick your hunger for long..
- 12 pitted dates (soaked in water for half n hour then strained)
- Protein power, shake powder or energy powder but some kind of yummy powder you’d make a sports smoothie out of!
- 1 cup of crushed nuts (Macadamian is my fave or pecan as they give a rich buttery flavor)
- Optionals (coconut flakes and flax seed powder – blended or ground up to coat them)
You take the now soft wet dates and place them in a pro mixer or a bowl and do it by hand. You add the powder and nuts and mix it all up until it becomes a play-dough like consistency. Then you make little balls with your hands which are about 1 tbsp.5 big (makes about 12) When done, roll them about in roasted coconut flakes, or dark raw cocoa powder!
- 5 Questions With Disgusting Food Museum Curator: Dr.Samuel West
- NYE 2019 | Groove to Sébastien Léger @ Fonderie Darling
- VISION Invites Felix Da Housecat to Stereobar this NYE
- Eve Salvail | Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Hoodies by Pascal Labelle
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns