It’s officially the start of BBQ season (or at least it is for us hardcore, overeager Canadians who have been suffering minus 30 weather during the long winter months). This next month, Bandmark celebrates BBQ time with a series of grilling recipes for robots. Guaranteed: simple, stupid-proof and totally delicious. We’ll also be suggesting beer pairings with each meal because these recipes are so darn quick you’ll have so much time on your hands and we wanna make sure you fill those hands with some quality beer! We hope you enjoy this week’s recipe for grilled shrimp…
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Fire up the barbie to medium-high. In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the shrimp with the mayo, herbs, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Thread the shrimp onto 8 skewers. Don’t forget to soak the skewers if they are wooden. Place the shrimp on the barbie (sorry, couldn’t resist) and grill uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fully cooked through.
Everyone loves shrimp! That little crustacean (a member of the lobster family in fact) is probably the most popular of all seafood. As with many seafood options, Shrimp goes well with lighter beers that won’t overpower its delicate taste. Brew-monkey.com suggests serving shrimp with Wheat, Wit or Pilsner beers.
- La Pizza Week Montreal 2018 | Giving More Pizzas to the People
- Duckfest 2018 | Montreal’s Duck and Foie Gras Festival Returns
- Brunch Bad Boys of L’Avenue set up shop in Boucherville
- A Look Back on Detroit’s Dazzling Movement Festival
- Did you know Montreal has a Clown Festival? NOT your average clowns