Our healthy pancakes are perfect for you robots avoiding gluten or watching your caloric intake. As always, they are easy as pie to make – actually, probably easier, ‘cause let’s face it, the only easy thing about pie is eating it!
These 3 ingredient pancakes are also perfect for you robots with morning hangovers as they’re low maintenance and the bananas replenish the potassium lost to alcohol’s diuretic effect after a night of heavy drinking.
Seriously, do you need any more reasons to try these pancakes now?
- 1/2 cup certified Gluten Free oat flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg with a fork or whisker. Next combine the mashed banana with the egg. Gradually add the oat flour to the mixture while stirring continually until a thick batter forms.
Let the batter sit for a minute or two. While you’re waiting, spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray place it over low heat.
Add two heaping tablespoons of batter to the pan for each pancake. Heat each pancake for 45-seconds to one minute and then flip. Be careful not to overcook them. No matter how impatient or hungry you are, keep the heat on low and cook each pancake separately.
Serve with maple syrup and a sliced banana. (And remember folks, if you’re really hungover, indulging in a little ‘hair of the dog’ is a myth… you’re just prolonging the inevitable. Stick with bananas!)
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows