The #FullFlexExpress Tour train stops at Parc Jean-Drapeau Friday. It features performances from artists hand-picked by EDM king Skrillex who recently joined forces with Diplo for a collaborative album under the name Jack Ü. The key to Jack Ü or any Skrillex project is spontaneity.
“We’ve been making music together since 2010. We have about 50 songs we haven’t released,” Skrillex said. “As long as we have a computer, there are no limits,” he said. “The Jack Ü song Take U There was done in Ibiza with Kiesza when we had just met her. We set up a microphone and a computer in our hotel room and we wrote the song right there.”
Where their influences intersect is Jamaican soundsystem culture. Since the beginning the Full Flex Express proved creatively fertile. Skrillex, who normally performs in the cockpit of a giant prop spaceship, finished the soundtrack to Harmony Korine’s 2012 movie Spring Breakers, while the Floridian Diplo completed his contributions to producer Dillon Francis’s 2014 debut album. Skrillex expects similar results this time around.
Montreal forecast: Sunny skies, high precipitation of killer tracks and a steady breeze of + vibes.
Doors 3:00 pm – Show: 4:00 pm. Tickets cost $77.50, $80 the day of the show. Purchase yours from Evenko here.
Official tour launch video below
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows