Feux Follets | Wondrous Chinese Lantern Festival at Parc Jean-Drapeau
Feux Follets is a brand-new Chinese lantern festival for the fall season, which is taking place at Parc Jean-Drapeau, on the Espace 67 site, from September 13 until October 31, 2019.
Much more than a festival of Chinese lanterns, the first edition of Feux Follets will offer visitors a unique immersive and technological experience, using all forms of light and brightness to highlight China in all its splendor.
Throughout the journey, starting in the dark five or seven nights a week, you will venture into grandiose and magical settings, some structures reaching 15 meters high. Something never seen in Montreal yet!
During 49 days, Feux Follets will be presenting all kind of shows and entertainment. The journey combines:
- Grandiose colorful scenery made with Chinese lanterns,
- 3D holographic animations appearing everywhere when you least expect them, as well as a water screen animations,
- Drones dancing with artists,
- Many stories that will be told to you through the Chinese shadow theater,
- An art gallery where you will discover various local painters,
- Calligraphy workshop to initiate you with the Chinese writing.
- Food festival where you will be able to taste typical Chinese food.
Also, many shows will be presented on open days such as contorsionists, acrobats, changing-masks artists, musicians, singers, all of them real or not!
Here is what you need to know about Feux Follets Lights on China:
Date: Friday, September 13, 2019 — Thursday, October 31, 2019
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 5PM — 10PM | The journey lasts approximately 2,5 hours | The site is closed on a day of bad weather
Location: Parc Jean-Drapeau | 1 Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montréal, Québec H3C 1A9
Photos credit: Feux follets
- Oystermania Fall 2019 | Montreal’s Fall Oyster Festival Returns
- TINA CARTIER | Punk-Rock Visual Artist’s Ultra Feminine Exhibition
- Never Apart Gallery | Fall Opening of 6 innovative exhibits
- MTLàTABLE 2019 | Montreal’s Biggest Fall Foodie Event Returns
- KAMPAI Montreal 2019 | Sake 101 introductory guide