Diary Of A Carb Addict, 58 Sleeps Till Santa: CRONUT KETO BUST
Well… I just spent 50 carbs on a cronut. It’s my BF fault. I have avoided trying these wonderful desserts since they came out and caused line up havoc on the street of NYC. It’s Sunday, it’s rainy and I too became victim of the cronut…
At 50 carbs on my last 3 days of 100 carbs, thankfully I do have 30 carbs left to use wisely. Late last night I had some beet juice and a tiny country bread slice with cheese and ham so today’s carbs are already at a deficit. I know they say to not try and make up for a macro gone wrong but I at least try as sometimes I do succeed.
In November, I am aiming at 75 carbs a day plus starting my official swim routine. At my fancy salt water hotel pool, it’s $15 a pop, but I travel too much to get a membership, especially in Summer.. I have been going weekly in October and doing longer dog walks but I need to make it a habit to now go twice so I can stay toned during my weight loss. No writng motivation today, like at all – so I will just skip to the recipe!
Here is a recipe I am making tonight. It’s a nice night for it and it goes with a nice bottle of red.
CREAMY GARLIC TUSCAN CHICKEN (improved by me in strikeout of original)
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste1 little pinch of All Spice like a light shake (salt later)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
1 cup spinach, chopped2 cups of spinach, bring on the greens!
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- Garnish with parsley, more greens
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken. Add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Add the chicken back to the pan and serve over pasta if desired.
- The Eat-With-Your-Hands Kamayan Feast at Junior Filipino Restaurant
- Restaurant Agrikol | The Hidden Pearl of Montréal en Lumière
- EMF Radiation: Protect Yourself in a 5G Future
- Montréal en Lumière | Culinary spectacle at Rosélys
- A Taste of Winter Flavors at the SAT’s Labo culinaire Foodlab for Montréal en Lumière