Diary Of A Carb Addict 55 Days Till Santa: KETO stuffed chicken!
Hi there, I skipped over days 56 & 57 because there was both too much work and Halloween stuff going on and I wasn’t baking anything special anyways. I tried to get down to 50 carbs in a day but I failed at 68 and 72. Perhaps I am just not ready to slash my carbs that dramatically but at 75 carbs I am still in keto diet range of under 100 daily.
I actually found and TESTED possibly the yummiest and most low carb recipe possibly on the internet last night and my BF decided to cook it for me while I worked. It’s called KETO stuffed chicken and it’s super healthy and yummy! We exchanged the almond flour for chick pea flour because he is allergic to almonds.
THIS keto chicken recipe takes forever to make, I’m not kidding. So double the recipe to at least make a few breasts for the next few days. It is 3.5 grams of carbs and incredibly filling which is very nice!
Keto Cheesy Spinach stuffed chicken by I Breathe I’m Hungry!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chopped spinach (raw)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
For the breading:
- 1/3 cup superfine almond flour **
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
Instructions (Yes I warned you!)
- Combine the cream cheese, spinach, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, pepper, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Trim your chicken of any visible fat or membranes. (If they are really large, you can cut them in half lengthwise and just use two of them for four good sized cutlets once flattened.)
- Place a layer of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Top with one piece of chicken, then another layer of plastic on top to sandwich the chicken in-between them.
- Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet (starting on one edge and working around and then the center) until it’s about twice the size of when you started, being careful not to pound so thin that it breaks.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling mixture into the middle of a chicken cutlet and roll the edges up around it. Turn over and squeeze with your hands until sealed and an oval shape.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken.
- Chill the stuffed chicken for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Combine the other breading ingredients (except for the olive oil) in a different bowl and stir.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized nonstick saute pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Dip the stuffed chicken into the egg first, then the breading mix and cook in the saute pan until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the browned chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 18 – 22 minutes or until a thermometer in the center reads 165 degrees (F).
- Serve with optional marinara or alfredo sauce.
- Le Shack du Pêcheur | Florida Keys come to Montreal’s South Shore
- MTL Uncovered’s Night Exposition Returns to Théâtre Paradoxe
- The Blaze: an intriguing duo who killed it during a vibrant show in Montreal last week
- M for Montreal | Top 5… here’s what we think
- ‘Quoi de N’Oeuf’ by Day, ‘Quoi de B’Oeuf’ by Night