CRi, one of the many Montreal artists making waves around the nation. He is one our acts to watch in 2017, but before the new year sets in, CRi has an appetizing gig this weekend to set the stage for his 2017 take over.
Making quick strides in exciting directions. CRi brings the Montreal signature of house synths and fluid basslines into a new era. The self-taught composer and DJ began his musical experimentations in 2012. Influenced by artists such as Caribou, Moderat and Jamie XX, this young producer is quickly following their footsteps.
In 2015 CRi saw the release of his EP, Tell Her. Lead by single Why I Love You. The track features local vocalist Odile Myrtil and is the perfect blend of classic house with a mainstream radio flare. The vocal performance of Myrtil rivals that of Canadian EDM vocalist Kiesza, who burnt up the charts and radio all throughout 2014.
Somehow, this magical duo pulls it off better than Kiesza ever did while on a major label… which leads me to believe that Cri, and Ouri alike are one of Montreal’s Best Kept secrets.
CRi has recently announced the release of his next body of work, a new EP to be released this February on Young Art Records.
RSVP to the Facebook event page!
- The Eat-With-Your-Hands Kamayan Feast at Junior Filipino Restaurant
- Restaurant Agrikol | The Hidden Pearl of Montréal en Lumière
- EMF Radiation: Protect Yourself in a 5G Future
- Montréal en Lumière | Culinary spectacle at Rosélys
- A Taste of Winter Flavors at the SAT’s Labo culinaire Foodlab for Montréal en Lumière