5 Questions with Alissa Skorik | Spirit Flute player
1. When did you first pick up the spirit flute?
I first picked up the spirit flute at age 12 and have been playing ever since.
2. Why is it called a spirit flute?|
The spirit flute is so named because the music that is made with it is entirely natural, traditionally there is no sheet music for the Spirit Flute and even now that there is it doesn’t tend to work all too well because the only way to make music on a Spirit Flute is to (for lack of a better expression) play with the soul and spirit.
3. What makes you drawn to this unique instrument?
The Spirit Flute is calming and kind, Its sound draws me in because in it there is something magical that I don’t hear in regular every day music or in fact any other instrument, The sound is ancient, traditional and in a way healing.
5. Any advice for those who have just started to pick up this instrument?
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows