Overly helpful people feel the need to constantly help where their help is unwanted. This type of help, although comes from a good place – is often not helpful at all! I have discovered these people fall into 3 basic categories. 1) The Martyr who wants to be trendy and pay it forward (mostly so they can have a charitable Facebook update like “Wow just helped the Philippines disaster, thank god for people like me!!” 2) The people please who feels like they need to buy people’s friendship and acceptance by constantly offering unwanted help like helping you move something easy and light and simply getting in the way of your moving path (small chair across room)
Let’s see if you qualify as an OVERLY helpful person shall we? (You need to score 6 or more)
- Do you often try to stack your dishes to help the waitress collect them? Unless you are a server this is very unhelpful, she has a balancing system of her own.
- Do you open the door of an already opened door to a metro or mall? This is awkward, the person has already opened the door simply enjoy the fact you do not.
- During a move, are you helping the mover? They know how to move things better than you, get out of the way and hello didn’t you pay for this?!
- When you are at a dinner party do you do dishes and put their dishes and kitchenware away? Unless you know EXACTLY where everything goes – stick to dishes only.
- Being overly helpful at work not only looks job insecure, it makes you look not busy enough. “i’ll go make more coffee!”
- Other dog owners tossing a ball to your dog at the run so they don’t feel left out. If you have a Springer spaniel this could mean hours of you chasing your dog to get it back.
- Kitchen help. You are making a simple dinner like perrogies and someone is in the kitchen with you getting out the sour cream but mostly just squeezing past you.
- Microsoft Word help. You asked someone to review your resume and they changed the font, format and bullet point icons. Now you can no longer adjust things like you wanted.
- Cleaning lady help. Your cleaning lady thinks underneath your sink needs a different order. Your toilet paper is now very far from reach!
- Garden help. You notice someone’s plant earth looks a little dry while visiting so you give it water. Turns out it was a cactus variety way to go..
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows