Dare to dream-pop: Germany’s Sascha Ring, better known as Apparat, is bringing his shoegazy synthscapes to MUTEK in Montreal tonight! The Shitkatapult collective member — got to dig that name — and MUTEK hall-of-famer (he debuted at the fest in 2003) make his appearance at Nocturne 1 Wednesday night (tonight!).
Always the experimentalist, Apparat freely combines electronics and organics to produce soundtracks for sleepy cyborgs. Shades of M83 and mid-period Depeche Mode colour Apparat’s lush, layered sound, with journeys into spacey, slow-burning post-rock that wouldn’t be out of place in a Godspeed You! Black Emperor encore.
- Le Boulevardier Resto & Flâneur Bar Lounge Open at Le Germain Hotel
- M for Montreal | Our Do Not Miss LIST!
- Pascale Bourbeau | Underwater Flower Photography Series at Galerie 203
- BAZARETTE | New Wine Bar and Neighborhood Café near Bell Centre
- Le Blossom | The Village’s Most Beautiful Japanese Restaurant Turns 2