Dare to dream-pop: Germany’s Sascha Ring, better known as Apparat, is bringing his shoegazy synthscapes to MUTEK in Montreal tonight! The Shitkatapult collective member — got to dig that name — and MUTEK hall-of-famer (he debuted at the fest in 2003) make his appearance at Nocturne 1 Wednesday night (tonight!).
Always the experimentalist, Apparat freely combines electronics and organics to produce soundtracks for sleepy cyborgs. Shades of M83 and mid-period Depeche Mode colour Apparat’s lush, layered sound, with journeys into spacey, slow-burning post-rock that wouldn’t be out of place in a Godspeed You! Black Emperor encore.
- Le Petit Montréal | Summer Pop-Up Space in Phillips Square
- AIM Festival 2019 | Stop imagining & go experience its 5th edition!
- MYSTIC MOTHER | Fn Vegas Solo Exhibition at Galerie le 1040
- SHAKER Kitchen & Mixology is Stirring Things Up on the Main
- Michael Madsen shares 🔥 story on latest Tarantino film | MTL ComicCon 2019