On Thursday The McCord kicks off its first edition of the 2015-2016 season with Urban Montreal. Rediscover the museum and its exhibits from a new angle during a fun 5 à 9 After Hours, presented by National Bank.
Celebrate design, graphic and street art in conjunction with the “Montreal Through the Eyes of Vittorio” exhibit. Contemporary Italian-Canadian visual artist Antoine Tavaglione (a.k.a. TAVA) will be doing a live canvas performance in honour of Vittorio.
Soak up Montreal’s cultural life and express your own artistic talents. New features have been added to the event, which now takes up the whole museum. You’ll find guided tours, themed bars, a free drink and appetizers, live artist performances, creative workshops, exhibition-related extras as well as many gifts and prizes. Leave with a souvenir by taking home a printed photo of your evening from the You’re on Display! photo station by LeBooth.
DJ Killa-Jewel will provide the music for the evening until 9 p.m. She has performed at the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, the Just For Laughs Festival and has collaborated with DJ Q-Bert and Robert Lepage.
Advance tickets $16 at LA VITRINE or $20 at the door. Here’s what you get:
– A free drink
– Live performance
– Creative workshops
– Gift, games and contests
– Original guided tours of exhibit
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows