3 Ingredient Butternut Squash Soup | Gluten Free and Easy
When you’re freezing your ass off at the end of May and the weather forecast is calling for lows of 6 degrees, what’s best way to warm yourself up (aside from drinking or having a sexy party)? Make some soup! This quick and easy three ingredient soup will have you warm in no time!
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
Preheat your oven to 350F. Slice the butternut in half and place the cut side down on a baking sheet and bake until the squash is soft enough to pierce easily with a fork (about 20 to 45 minutes). The squash is done when the skin starts turning brown.
Once the squash has cooled, scoop out the guts (seeds and stringy stuff) and throw them away. Next scoop out the flesh and toss into a blender.
Add a 1/2 cup of broth, and begin blending. Continue adding more broth until the soup becomes thick and silky. Do not over puree the soup. Add curry powder to taste and salt to taste. To give your soup a little added kick, try adding some cayenne or hot sauce to it.
Transfer the soup to a pot on the stove and reheat over low heat. For an added treat, serve with bacon bits sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- La Pizza Week Montreal 2018 | Giving More Pizzas to the People
- Duckfest 2018 | Montreal’s Duck and Foie Gras Festival Returns
- Brunch Bad Boys of L’Avenue set up shop in Boucherville
- A Look Back on Detroit’s Dazzling Movement Festival
- Did you know Montreal has a Clown Festival? NOT your average clowns