12th Edition of Montreal’s World Press Photo
Since August 30th, the 12th edition of Montreal’s World Press Photo will go on until Oct. 1st, 2017. It’s conveniently held at Marché Bonsecours, the symbol of Old Montreal and was the city’s main market for more than a century.
Fred Barnard stated, “A picture is worth ten thousand words.”
Last year, 5000 photographers from around the world submitted thousands of images.
Arguably the most prestigious in the world; the winners from this photojournalism contest are showcased at The World Press Photo Exhibition.
The exhibition tours 100 cities in 45 countries. The World Press Photo offers the highest cash reward and exposure for photographers. It also offers a roller coaster ride of emotions with profound images. This exhibition is carefully curated with thought-provoking images that will walk you through a visual story to inspire and educate.
The World Press Photo Exhibition tells many stories with these large prints that are not all disturbing.
If you have not yet seen the World Press Photo Exhibition, now is your chance.
Catch the “photo movie” in Old Montreal and go out for dinner and drinks for a discussion afterward.
The good news is that the exhibition is open every day and very late! Open from 10 am until midnight, Thursday – Saturday. Schedule and directions.
Jody Wellness Nomad
- MADE WITH LOVE Turns 10 | Montreal’s Biggest Mixology Competition Returns
- Bureau Bar & Tapas | Griffintown’s Vintage Bar Turns Six With New Tricks
- Restaurant 425°F heats things up on Montreal’s North Shore
- The Goddess Experience | Alice Kass Lingerie’s Holiday Pop-Up Shop
- A look back at RÜFÜS DU SOL and Digitalism exciting live shows